Monday 17 October 2011

Ideas for my Digital Book design...

After over hearing a man in bookshop disregard Manga as complete nonsense - simply because it is designed to be read backwards - I think that creating my book backwards would be a good way to make it individual but to challenge perceptions of how we view print media in the western world.

I have also been thinking about how I can incorporate my love for Zines into my book. To replicate the DIY aspect of independent cut and paste publication yet creating my own visual style.

I think I am going to separate my book into sections that relate to the types of media I have been looking at. Books, Magazines, Posters, Album Art, Website, Exhibition etc. As well as doing this I need to assign each section some kind of visual cue that can remain consistent throughout  to differentiate between the sections, as well as staying in keeping with the overall design of the book.

More thoughts and ideas to follow on this one...

No comments:

Post a Comment